The Department of Rubber and Plastics Technology shall constantly strive to be renowned for its academic and research excellence with professionalism and social responsibilities
The Mission of the Department of Rubber and Plastics Technology is to:
Equip its graduates to meet the expectations of Rubber, Plastics and allied industries
and professional organizations
- Expand its knowledge base in collaboration with Rubber, Plastics and allied industries and research organizations
- Emphasize on product design aspects so as to enable graduates to be innovators in the field of Rubber, Plastics and allied areas of Technology
- Motivate students to become entrepreneurs
- Carry out inter-disciplinary research and development activities integrating Rubber and Plastics Technology with other Engineering disciplines
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- Graduates of the programme, with the acquired knowledge and skills in Rubber, Plastics and allied domains, will provide quality services to Rubber and Plastics industries and professional organizations.
- Graduates of the programme will be in the forefront of innovation, updating new knowledge through continuous learning, research and developmental activities.
- Graduates of the programme, by keeping pace with changing technological developments, will provide leadership to industry and research organizations.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Graduates will be able to design and develop rubber, plastics and composites products
- Graduates will be able to innovatively consider environmental sustainability while designing processes, products and in research endeavours
- Graduates will strive to be socially responsible entrepreneurs
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)